Blackboard Freshers Recruitment As Associate Software Engineer For B.E/B.Tech
About the Company: Blackboard Inc. is an educational technology company with corporate headquarters in Washington, D.C.. It is known for Blackboard Learn, a learning management system.
Job Profile: Associate Software Engineer
Company Name: Blackboard Company
Work Location: Chennai, IN
Degree Needed: B.E/B.Tech
The Opportunity: We’re looking for an Associate Software Engineer to help us shape the future of education. With nearly 20,000 organizational customers and millions of student users, Blackboard is the world’s leading education technology company with the industry’s most comprehensive student-success solutions. Our mission is to partner with the global education community to enable student and institutional success by leveraging innovative technologies and services.
This role focuses on our Community Engagement platform. You’ll help provide K-12 schools with reliably hosted and low-maintenance content management systems. This product allows parents access to a dashboard full of personalized student data and engages community members with news and upcoming events on a modern, mobile-friendly website. You’ll continually enhance and support the ability for each school to maintain its own online presence.
As an Associate Software Engineer, you will be a member of our Product Development organization, the group responsible for developing industry-leading SaaS products and web service platforms. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Hands-on coding and implementation of product features
- Collaborating technically with architects and product designers, contributing to the overall architectural vision of cloud service infrastructure in support of Blackboard’s e-learning initiatives
- Enhancing and supporting existing cloud-based products; coding and implementing new features
- Communicating progress and escalating issues to management in a timely manner
- Helping the team develop and test features or fix bugs on our Community Engagement platform
- Collaborating in a cross-functional agile team to solve challenging technical problems with innovative solutions
- Following best practices and methodologies to produce desired software on-time with top-notch quality
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 0-2 years of experience in web application development
- Object oriented coding skills
- Hands-on experience with SQL/Database programming
- Experience participating in agile and fast-paced software development methodologies like XP or Scrum
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Object-oriented coding with Java
- Experience with C#.NET or Python programming
- Experience in front end frameworks such as Angular or React
- Knowledge of Microservices architecture
- Experience working with various notification API suites (Twilio, Open Market)
Apply Before the link Expires for Blackboard Freshers Recruitment As Associate Software Engineer.